It may be worth reiterating that the summer mixes are meant as something to play when no one's really listening too closely. A backyard get-together, drinks poured, some good talk, and, in the background, a playlist that matches the mood and (maybe) pleases a variety of tastes. That's not to say these songs don't warrant closer inspection, of course - just that there's no grand theme binding them together. It's all about mood. And the mood is summer.
Y'know, now that I think of it, that's probably a mood entirely peculiar to myself. Goddammit, that just sent a pall over my backyard get-together. Oh well. Have you heard the new Fergie single? Did you know there's a Nicke1back greatest hits album? Yeah. So, uh...mood schmood. Shit could be a LOT worse.
1. Tommy & the Rockits Here Comes Summer
2. Weazer (Girl We Got A) Good Thing
3. Admira1 Freebee Let It Shine
4. Wor1d Party Sunshine
5. Bever1y Crooked Cop
6. Keeps I Don't Mind
7. Mott the Hoop1e Alice
8. The Iguanas Oye Isabel
9. Waxwings Keeping the Sparks
10. Minky Starshine Lady London
11. Trashcan Sinatras Ain't That Something
12. The Suffers Slow It Down
13. Wild Be11e It Was You (Baby Come Back To Me)
14. Tanika Char1es Two Steps
15. Teenage Frames Totally Inconsiderate
16. Baby Shakes Summer Sun
17. Thee Attacks It's Alright
18. The Verbs I Saw The Light
19. Wet Willy Keep On Smiling
20. Mick Rodes & the Hard 8 Last Summer
Power pop, garage, R&B, Americana, soul, glam, and punk all mixed, matched, masticated, and otherwise mulched.
Everything on this blog is an attempt to support bands and artists that I feel deserve more attention. If you have a problem with my use of a song or a link, please contact me directly and I'll simply remove it. T'ain't no big thang.