If I learned one lesson from my last harddrive crash, it was that it's pointless to stash a pile of mixes solely in iTunes playlists. Fuggers disappear without a trace. So from here on in I'm gonna try to post 'em as I compile 'em, which should explain why this covers mix follows so closely on the heels of the most recent faves mix.
I'm not promising this kind of frequency as the norm. There's no way I can realistically expect good intentions to compete in any way with my inherent laziness. Also, while I'm coming clean about expectations - and pic to the contrary - don't expect any disco on this one (or any one). Although please feel free to rollerskate to yer heart's content.
1. Wi11ie Ni1e Sweet Jane (Velvet Undergound)
2. The Stripes Come Together (Beatles)
3. Sober Sisters & the Dirty Four Radar Love (Golden Earring)
4. The Do11yrots Rock 'n' Ro11 All Nite (Kiss)
5. The Verbs Baby Blue (Badfinger)
6. The Cherry Drops I Wanna Be With You (Raspberries)
7. Wy1dlife Rock Candy (Brats)
8. The Sirens Gudbuy T'Jane (Slade)
9. Waco Bros. All Or Nothing (Small Faces)
10. The Nomads American Slang (Jack Oblivion)
11. The C1arks I Want You Bad (NRBQ, via the Long Ryders)
12. Downtown Boys Dancing in the Dark (Bruce Springsteen)
13. The Dah1manns Teenage News (Sylvain Sylvain)
14. Frankenstein 3000 Star (David Bowie)
15. 69 Cats Werewolves of London (Warren Zevon)
16. Nikki Hi11 Twistin' The Night Away (Sam Cooke)
17. V.V. Brown Video Killed The Radio Star (Bruce Wooley, via the Buggles)
18. Baby1on Zoo Honaloochie Boogie (Mott the Hoople)
19. Rooney Metal Guru (T.Rex)
20. Robyn Hitchcock Let Me Roll It (Wings)
21. Tim Armstrong Ooh La La (Faces)
22. Lords of A1tamont Gimme Shelter (Rolling Stones)
SWM, slim, attractive, likes candle-lit dinners, romantic walks in the rain, the purring of contented kittens, and pointing and laughing at the handicapped. No head games please.
Everything on this blog is an attempt to support bands and artists that I feel deserve more attention. If you have a problem with my use of a song or a link, please contact me directly and I'll simply remove it. T'ain't no big thang.