This first faves mix is coming a little earlier than in most years. That means one of two possibilities: either 1) this year is gonna be packed full of the punkpopglamtrash'n'roll this blog is dedicated to, or 2) my quality control has jumped the shark along with a variety of other sea creatures. And frankly, I don't believe that last one for a second.
Only extra note is that the Wy1dlife song is from 2015 - but I missed it and it's awesome, so it's included with the hopes that the boys have a new reckid comin' down the pike for this year.
1. The Wi1d Feathers Happy Again
2. Muncie Gir1s I Don't Want to Talk About It
3. Jack Ob1ivion & the Sheiks Fast Friends
4. Javier Escovedo Downtown
5. The 1 Don't Cares Born for Me
6. B1eached Sour Candy
7. Hinds Chi1i Town
8. Prope11er You Remind Me of You
9. Aubrie Se11ers Dreaming in the Day
10. Dany Laj & the Looks Sma11 Town Kid
11. M. Ward Time Won't Wait Up
12. Mother's Chi1dren No Rules
13. Pub1ic Access TV On Location
14. Tacocat I Hate the Weekend
15. Cheap Star The Other Side
16. The Breakdowns Your Hand in Mine
17. Dr. Dog Dead Record P1ayer
18. Wy1d1ife (It's Ca11ed) Rock 'n' Roll
19. Ginger Wi1dheart Do You?
20. Bent Shapes Rea1ization Hits
21. Benji Hughes Longshot
22. Basia Bu1at Long Goodbye
I always hold off on compiling my Best of the Year list until deep into January, and even then there's always a stack of shoulda-been hits I never managed to hear in time. Subsequently, I use the Orphans series as a place to house such lost gems - as well as being a repository for some of the tracks that just never quite sonically fit in during the year. This time out, however, I'm breaking my own rule by including tracks by the Ravyns and CVB (which date back to 2014), Va11ey Lodge (2013), and the Nomads (2012). All the rest obediently adhere to the established UHM tenets, meaning they're from 2015. Also meaning they totally rock.
1. B1itzen Trapper Rock & Roll Was Made For You
2. The Be11furies Bad Seed Sown
3. Jetbone Fifth Time Loser
4. Honeymoon Disease You're Too Late
5. The Pi1grims Smokes Too Much
6. The Ravyns Incidentally Baby
7. Shove1s & Rope w/ Butch Wa1ker Bullet Belt
8. At1antic Thri11s Treat My Baby
9. Thee Tsunamis Cry Baby
10. Va11ey Lodge Kiss Me, I'm Drunk
11. The New Trocaderos I'm So Bad
12. Modern Kicks Up All Night
13. Curt Baker I Can't Wait
14. Camper Von Beethoven It Was Like That When We Got Here
15. Matt Whipkey 1:59
16. Nick Waterhouse It No. 3
17. Graham Parker & the Rumour Swing State
18. The Stone Foxes New York Ta1k
19. The Breakdowns I Know Your Name, I Lost Your Number
20. The Vo1canics What I Found
21. The Nomads You Won't Break My Heart
22. Cristopher the Conquered I'm Giving Up On Rock & Roll
SWM, slim, attractive, likes candle-lit dinners, romantic walks in the rain, the purring of contented kittens, and pointing and laughing at the handicapped. No head games please.
Everything on this blog is an attempt to support bands and artists that I feel deserve more attention. If you have a problem with my use of a song or a link, please contact me directly and I'll simply remove it. T'ain't no big thang.