Hard to believe it's this time of year again. Also hard to believe there's another 25 rockin' tunes that flash their collective 'nads at the Christmas spirit, but here's the proof.
I don't know where Vegas puts the odds for this link's staying power, but it should be safe. Then again, I might be flirting with doom by including a couple oldies like Mud and Roy Wood's Wizzard (and, by the way, how damn genius was it for Roy Wood to intro the song with the chime of a cash register in place of the typical sleigh bells?). Anyway, let's have at it. And to paraphrase Santa himself: have a tolerable holiday everyone!
1. Billy Childish & the Musicians of the British Empire Santa Claus
2. The BAcksliders Christmas (Doesn't Have To Be So Bad)
3. E Everything's Gonna Be Cool This Christmas
4. REM Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
5. Pugwash Tinsel and Marzipan
6. Deer Tick Christmas All Summer Long
7. Tina Sugandh White Christmas
8. Blue Skies for Black Hearts Wishing You A Merry Xmas
9. Vancougar Dysfunctional Family Christmas
10. Mud Lonely This Christmas
11. Roy Wood's Wizzard I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day
12. The Montgomery Cliffs Don't Feel Much Like Christmas
13. The Chesterfield Kings Hey Santa Claus
14. The Len Price 3 It's Christmas Time, Ebenezer
15. The Fleshtones Mr. Santa Claus
16. The Wellingtons I Guess It's Christmas
17. The Spring Collection Christmas With You
18. The Krayolas Run, Rudolph, Run
19. The Boss Martians 3 Ghosts (A Modern Christmas Carol)
20. X Jingle Bells
21. Dylan Thomas Band For Christ's Sake (It's Christmas)
22. Marah New York Is A Christmas Kind of Town
23. Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings Ain't No Chimneys in the Projects
24. Crocodiles w/ Gum Gum Dirls Merry Christmas Baby (Please Don't Die)
25. Tight Solid I Hate Christmas
Power pop, garage, R&B, Americana, soul, glam, and punk all mixed, matched, masticated, and otherwise mulched.
Everything on this blog is an attempt to support bands and artists that I feel deserve more attention. If you have a problem with my use of a song or a link, please contact me directly and I'll simply remove it. T'ain't no big thang.