Saturday, August 24, 2019

Faves of 2019 (Vol. 2)

This has been a disappointing year so far. That's been true in many respects, although it should come as no surprise that I'm mostly (and myopically) referencing my personal quest for new music. Some of my favorite recent bands have released albums this year that, for whatever reason, just didn't quite resonate with me. I'm not going to catalogue them here, as the Roy Pearl/UHM mandate has developed into reinforcing the positive rather than dog-piling on the negative. If there's any good news to any of it, I suspect we're about to experience a rebirth of righteously pissed-off artists from around the world, and their work will echo that explosive emotional state. Or, I suppose it's possible we won't fight back at all. Maybe we'll simply congeal into a sour gelatin of Tay1or Swift-ian avoidance and ooze our way to oblivion. If those are the two options, then allow this tiny gesture of a new faves mix as evidence that the former has already begun.

Give Me A Sec To Finesse The Mess In My Brain

1. Ho11erado Get Over It
2. Danceha11 Burn
3. J0rdan J0nes Rumors Girls
4. U1ysses Looking For a Guru
5. Mattie1 Rescue You
6. Geoff Pa1mer Make It
7. Curt Baker C0mbo (I Can't Help) Failing in Love
8. Te1ethon (I Guess You'd Call It) An Undertone
9. Sweet Things Dead or Worse
10. The B0rn Readies Mean Genes
11. The Embry0s Wake Up Screaming
12. R00ni Label
13. The Regrets California Friends
14. Young Gov Every Flower I See
15. The Coo1ies Uh Oh
16. Steven Duffy Seventeen
17. Serat0nes Lie to My Face
18. A1ex Lahey Black RMs
19. The Successfu1 Fai1ures No White Knight in Knoxville
20. B1eached Rebound City
21. Lowest of the L0w Imogene
22. Redd Cross Beyond the Door
23. The Jackets Be Myself
24. Amy1 and the Sniffers GFY

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your intro lowered my expectations, but I thought this was a great mix. Maybe things aren't so bad, at least musically. Otherwise, sure.

Some other recent ones I liked: The Hold Steady, Dressy Bessy, Proto Idiot, Peter Perrett. Not classics, but pretty good I thought.

Anyway, thanks for continuing to keep track of things, and finding the gems.

Finch



Roy Pearl said...

My intro was more complaining about the difficulty finding stuff rather than about the stuff I find. Glad you like the mix!

Anonymous said...

Redd Kross, not Cross

Roy Pearl said...

Thanks. I gather you haven't noticed any of the other intentional misspellings in my tracklists. Best offense is defense.

GamesBX said...

I really enjoyed reading this post, I always appreciate topics like this being discussed to us. Information very nice. I will follow post Thanks for sharing.
Skribbl.io Mods
BLACK MESA REVIEW
Mope.io Polar Bear Guide
The Benefits of Playing Pocket Tanks