It's been over half a year since I posted a covers mix, and this one comes just as a boatload of the Un-Herd links have been destroyed by the recent attack on MegaUpload. I doubt that bodes well for the future of posts like this, but in the meantime... fuggit.
This mix features some of the best songs ever written. It's also shot through with an air of nostalgia, which is appropriate for any covers mix although even more pronounced on this one. Let's just say it's no mistake it starts with "Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio" and ends with "Rock and Roll." Keep the faith.
1. The Feebles Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio (The Ramones)
2. Tranzmitors Between Planets (Jesus and Mary Chain)
3. Barreracudas Come On, Come On (Cheap Trick)
4. Suzy & Los Quattro He Could Be The One (Josie Cotton)
5. The Like You Belong To Me (Elvis Costello)
6. The Gore Gore Girls Keep Your Hands Off My Baby (Little Eva)
7. The Hellacopters Gimme Shelter (Rolling Stones)
8. Turbonegro Suffragette City (David Bowie)
9. Faster Pussycat Jessie's Girl (Rick Springfield)
10. DM3 Zero Hour (The Plimsouls)
11. Dipsomaniacs Can't Hardly Wait (The Replacements)
12. Smithereens I Want To Hold Your Hand (The Beatles)
13. The Fondas Yeah Baby (Nolan Strong & the Diablos)
14. Spazzys My Boyfriend's Back (The Angels)
15. Gaslight Anthem Refugee (Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers)
16. Butch Walker & the Black Widows In Bloom (Nirvana)
17. The Dahlmanns Dancing With Joey Ramone (Amy Rigby)
18. The Methadones Back Of My Hand (The Jags)
19. The Nomads Sometimes Good Guys Don't Wear White (The Standells)
20. Yeah Yeah Yeahs Sheena Is A Punk Rocker (The Ramones)
21. Me First & the Gimme Gimmes Rich Girl (Hall & Oates)
22. Bazooka Jones These Boots Were Made For Walking (Nancy Sinatra)
23. Jon Spencer Blues Explosion Black Betty (Ram Jam)
24. The Atlantics Rock and Roll, Parts I and II (Gary Glitter)
Power pop, garage, R&B, Americana, soul, glam, and punk all mixed, matched, masticated, and otherwise mulched.
Everything on this blog is an attempt to support bands and artists that I feel deserve more attention. If you have a problem with my use of a song or a link, please contact me directly and I'll simply remove it. T'ain't no big thang.