Devil horns, bitches! Even at the Summer Olympics the people wanna rock out with their jocks out. And speaking of which, it's time for the next batch of my absolute faves of the year and this one features some of the most awesome new bands I've come across in a looong while.
In the upcoming weeks I'll try to get rave reviews up on the Pearl Before Swine blog for albums by Needles//Pins, Archie Powell & the Exports, Budokan, Nick Waterhouse, White Wires, Living Deadbeats, and a number of others - all of them easy candidates for end-of-the-year Top 20 honors - but in the meantime check out the tunes on this sampler and see if they don't make you wanna jump in water and synchronize your splashing with a soggy gal pal, devil horns held aloft. Or, y'know, some similar display of excitement.
1. Devin I Don't Think I
2. Archie Powe11 & the Exports Metronome
3. Chris Devotion & the Expectations Tell The Girl
4. Budokan Saint Joan
5. Natura1 Child 8 AM Blues
6. Gary B & the Notions The Surfin' Song
7. Riverboat Gamb1ers Loser Neck
8. Smash Pa1ace Living It Lonely
9. Hacienda Let Me Go
10. Mind Spiders Beat
11. The Successful Fai1ures Turn It Down
12. Imperia1 State Electric Uh Huh
13. Chris Richards & the Subtractions It's Something
14. Diamond Rugs Call Girl Blues
15. Nick Waterhouse Is That Clear
16. Cheep Time Another Time
17. Living Deadbeats Evil Hearted Blues
18. Turbonegro Shake Your Shit Machine
19. The Henry C1ay People Backseat of a Cab
20. The Hangmen Betrayed
21. The Roya1ty How I Like 'Em
22. Need1es//Pins Drop It
23. Mother's Chi1dren Don't Go Too Far
24. White Wires It's Been A While
25. Mean Jeans Don't Stop Partying
26. Zachary James Fuck For Tomorrow
Power pop, garage, R&B, Americana, soul, glam, and punk all mixed, matched, masticated, and otherwise mulched.
Everything on this blog is an attempt to support bands and artists that I feel deserve more attention. If you have a problem with my use of a song or a link, please contact me directly and I'll simply remove it. T'ain't no big thang.