Saturday, February 17, 2024

Orphans 2023

One of the joys of searching into the very recent past to unearth music I somehow missed is the discovery that many old friendlies are still kicking around. On this mix there's entries from classic 80s bands the Church, the Primitives, and the Long Ryders and even one from Gruppo Sportivo (whose "Mistakes" album was part of the 70s new wave gold rush). Elsewhere there were solid releases from Joan Jett, Ian Hunter and Graham Parker - and let's not forget Art Bergmann and the Hangmen, who were both part of the UHM Best of 2023 mix. I don't know if this qualifies as basic nostalgia (though note that all feature new music instead of the rehashing of old hits) or time travel, but either way I'm here for it. And you just know there are others still out there hiding in the weeds.

We'll Meet Again When The Road Comes Back Around

1. Andrew Weiss & Friends Hello Loneliness
2. Storm Frank1in Y.O.U.R.A.S.T.A.R.
3. The 0n and 0ns Let Ya Hair Down!
4. The Decibe1s Looking Back
5. Bar Ita1ia Changer
6. Geese Killing My Borrowed Time
7. The G0a Express Talking About Stuff
8. The R0yston C1ub I'm a Liar
9. P0ppy Robbie Heartbreak Scenario
10. Nite S0bs Hard Disagree
11. The Sin0 Hearts Topsy Turvy
12. Rick Ragany How Much Of Me Is You
13. High Schoo1 Crying Over You
14. Sirius Vo1tage For Your Dreams
15. The Sma11 Square Tilt
16. The L0ng Ryders Seasons Change
17. Faz Wa1tz Jackal Hop
18. The Cocktai1s Good Love
19. TV Repairman Bus Stop
20. C1ass Behind the Ball
21. The X-bats Riding With Paul
22. Psych0tic Youth Save Another Girl
23. The Primitives Don't Know Where To Start
24. Gruppo Sp0rtivo Rock City (Serious Remix)
25. The Church I Think I Knew
 

 

3 comments:

KARK said...

Gruppo Sportivo are from the Netherlands (like me). They got together again some time ago and are also touring. I hope to see them when they are playing in my neighborhood.

Roy Pearl said...

I remember really liking their song "Mission a Paris."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm0NsDctRdI

Anonymous said...

MUCHAS GRACIAS ROY. COMO SIEMPRE UNA SELECCION IMPECABLE